Irregular Menstruation Treatment in Abu Dhabi
What are Irregular Periods?
For most women, periods last four to seven days. Menstruation usually starts every 28 days, but a regular menstrual cycle can vary from 21 to 35 days. The average cycle length is 29 days. Many things cause irregular periods (or irregular periods), including changes in hormone levels, stress, certain health conditions, medications, and more.
Signs of Menstrual Irregularities
Even if your period changes from cycle to cycle, it is still generally regarded as “regular.” Irregular menstruation includes:
- Time intervals that are less than 21 days or longer than 35 days.
- Missing three or more consecutive periods.
- Unusual changes in the amount or intensity of menstrual flow.
- Periods that last longer than seven days.
- The time interval between cycles ranges by over nine days. For instance, the first cycle lasts 28 days, the second 37 days, and the third 29 days.
- Excruciating pain, cramps, nausea, or vomiting mark periods.
- Bleeding or spotting occurs in between cycles, after menopause, or following sexual activity.
- Use several tampons or sanitary pads within an hour.
You may not be able to predict your menstrual cycle always. It is usual for the menstrual cycle to vary slightly or to feel that the period is slightly heavier or lighter than the previous period. Irregular periods are quite common, and you don’t have to track your cycle to the exact date to consider it normal.
What Causes Menstrual Irregularities?
Irregular periods, also known as menstrual irregularities, can have various causes. Here are some common reasons for irregular menstrual cycles:
Medical conditions associated with irregular periods
Several medical conditions can be associated with irregular periods. Some of these conditions include:
- Thyroid Disorders: Conditions such as hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) or hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) can disturb the normal hormonal balance in the body resulting in irregular menstrual cycles.
- Endometriosis: `is a condition where the tissue that commonly lines the uterus grows outside the uterus, causing pain, inflammation, and irregular periods.
- Uterine Fibroids: Fibroids are noncancerous growths in or around the uterus. Depending on their size and location, they can cause heavy or irregular periods.
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID): PID is an infection of the reproductive organs, usually caused by sexually transmitted bacteria. It can lead to irregular periods, pelvic pain, and other complications.
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI): POI occurs when the ovaries stop functioning generally before age 40. Irregular or missed periods are common symptoms of this condition.
- Asherman’s Syndrome: Asherman’s Syndrome is characterized by the formation of scar tissue in the uterus, often due to previous uterine surgery or infections. It can lead to menstrual abnormalities, including irregular periods.
- Ovarian Cysts: Some types of ovarian cysts, such as functional cysts or polycystic ovaries, can disrupt average hormone production and cause irregular periods.
Irregular periods can have various causes, and a healthcare professional can only diagnose properly. If you’re looking for irregular menstruation treatment in Abu Dhabi, seeking medical advice for evaluation and appropriate management by an expert gynaecologist in Abu Dhabi is recommended.
Irregular Menstruation Treatment in Abu Dhabi
The treatment for irregular periods depends on the underlying cause. Here are some common approaches that healthcare professionals may take to address irregular periods:
In cases where hormonal imbalances cause irregular periods, medications such as hormonal therapy or fertility drugs may be advised to regulate the menstrual cycle.
Certain lifestyle changes can help regulate menstrual cycles. These include managing stress levels, achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, and incorporating regular exercise into your routine.
Treatment of Underlying Medical Conditions
If an underlying medical condition, such as PCOS, endometriosis, or thyroid disorders, is causing irregular periods, treating it may help regulate the menstrual cycle. This can involve medications, surgery, or other appropriate interventions.
Surgical procedures may sometimes be necessary to address specific causes of irregular periods. For example, surgical intervention may be recommended if uterine fibroids or specific structural abnormalities are present.
Consult Dr. Sandesh Kade for Irregular Menstruation Treatment in Abu Dhabi
If you are experiencing irregular menstruation and seeking effective treatment, Dr. Sandesh Kade is a renowned gynecologist in Abu Dhabi and a trusted healthcare professional to consult.
With expertise in gynecology and a deep understanding of menstrual disorders, Dr. Kade provides comprehensive care and personalized treatment plans. He will carefully evaluate your symptoms, conduct relevant tests, and diagnose the underlying cause of your irregular periods.
Whether hormonal imbalances, PCOS, endometriosis, or other related conditions, Dr. Kade will provide expert guidance and discuss suitable treatment options, including hormonal therapy, lifestyle modifications, or surgical interventions when necessary.