Laparoscopic hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi
What is Laparoscopic Hysterectomy?
Laparoscopic hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is minimally invasive and helps to remove the uterus through small incisions in the abdomen. It is an effective treatment option for various gynecological conditions, including uterine fibroids, endometriosis, adenomyosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, and certain types of cancer.
A laparoscopic hysterectomy can help you live a more pleasant life, especially if you have persistent pelvic pain or heavy, irregular bleeding. If you have a higher risk of developing uterine cancer, a hysterectomy can reduce that risk and potentially save your life.
Types of Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
Depending on your health, you may need a particular form of hysterectomy. Your fallopian tubes and/or ovaries may need to be removed depending on the results of this.
- Total hysterectomy: Keeping your ovaries alone while removing your uterus and cervix.
- Supracervical hysterectomy: Leaving your cervix in place and only removing the top portion of your uterus.
- Total hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: Removing the fallopian tubes, ovaries, uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes (salpingectomy). Removing your ovaries will cause menopausal symptoms if you have never gone through it.
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and radical hysterectomy: The surgical removal of the cervix, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, upper vagina, surrounding tissue, and lymph nodes. When malignancy is present, this kind of hysterectomy is done.
Why is Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Done?
Laparoscopic hysterectomy may be recommended for various reasons, including:
How is Laparoscopic Hysterectomy performed?
The procedure takes about one to three hours. You change into a hospital gown and connect your heart rate to the following monitors. An intravenous (IV) tube is inserted into a vein in the arm to administer medications and fluids.
The anesthesiologist will give you either:
General anesthesia, where you are not awake during the procedure; or
Regional anesthesia (also called epidural or spinal anesthesia), where drugs are placed near nerves in the lower back to “block” pain while you’re awake.
- A laparoscope is a thin tube with a video camera appended at the end which is inserted into the lower abdomen via a tiny incision in the belly button.
- Surgical instruments are inserted through several other small incisions.
- Your uterus may be removed in small pieces through incisions in your abdomen or vagina.
- Ceratin people go home the same day or after a night in the hospital.
- Total recovery is shorter and less painful than abdominal hysterectomy.
Recovering from a Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi
Recovering from a laparoscopic hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi involves proper care and attention. After the procedure, pain management with prescribed medications typically follows a short hospital stay.
Most people completely recover from a hysterectomy in about 4 to 6 weeks. Your recovery will depend on your hysterectomy type and how the surgery was performed. Recovery from a vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy takes less time than recovery from an abdominal hysterectomy.
Increase your activity and pay attention to your feelings. If something causes pain, you should stop. It is essential to discuss specific instructions for recovering at home, including what medications you should take.
Adequate rest, incision care, a healthy diet, and hydration are important for a smooth recovery. Attending follow-up appointments and seeking emotional support are also beneficial. Personalized instructions from your gynecologist will guide your specific recovery process.
Dr. Sandesh Kade can provide comprehensive care and support to ensure a successful recovery from a laparoscopic hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi.
Choosing Dr. Sandesh Kade for Laparoscopic Hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi
If you’re considering laparoscopic hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi, consult Dr. Sandesh Kade today.
Dr. Kade understands the importance of choosing a top gynecologist for this procedure, and we are committed to delivering the highest standard of care.
Dr. Kade is a highly skilled gynecologist, who has extensive experience in advanced gynecological procedures, including laparoscopic hysterectomy. If you’re seeking a top gynaecologist in Abu Dhabi for a laparoscopic hysterectomy, book your appointment here and explore how it can improve your quality of life.